Plugzio cannot do load balancing, but we are investigating on time-sharing.
Plugzio devices do not have the ability to do load balancing and we recommand installing each device on its own dedicated circuit with appropriate overload protection. We are however, working on a time-sharing feature which we hope will address the need for load balancing.
What Is Time Sharing
Time-sharing is intended for long term parking, this feature will allow multiple Plugzio device to share the electrical capacity on a line by only allowing 1 device to be turned on at any given time. Device managers will have the ability to control devices on the same line by:
- Allow devices to be "grouped" together, to indicate that they are sharing a line.
- Managers will have the ability to configure and set group parameters such as:
- The maximum time period each device can be turned on.
- What action to take if multiple devices within the group want to turn on.
- The priority of devices within a group.
- Users will always get notified about the time-sharing conditions when activating a Plugzio device
Note that this feature is still in development and is subject to change
Example Time-Sharing Scenarios
There are 3 devices on a line. The devices are "grouped" together and are configured as follows:
- Maximum of 3 hours of continuous use.
- All devices have equal priority.
- If multiple devices want to turn on, start the session timer.
Single Device Activation Scenario
If only a single device is being activated, the device will function like a regular Plugzio device.
Multiple Device Activation Scenario
If a user attempts to activate a second device, the second device will be added to a queue and will only turn on when the first device has a session of >3 hrs. Both devices will then alternate between turning on and off with 3 hour session limit.
Note that users will only be billed for their session duration and/or consumption if applicable.