Payment plans can be set for outlets and/or users on the Plugzio Management Dashboard
If you are not the Plugzio Service Provider (PSP), send your provider these details to enable them to update the payment settings:
- Plugzio Outlet Id. e.g. 790KB
- If the outlet's access plan is "Private". You also need to provide the email address of the Plugzio user whom this payment plan will be applied to.
- If the outlet's access plan is "Public". The payment plan will automatically be applied to everyone using this outlet, other than the users with special privileges (Read more).
- The desired payment plan rate
- To learn about the multiple ways a user can be charged, please read this article.
For Plugzio Service Providers (PSP), there are 2 steps involved:
- Create a Payment Plan.
- Assign the plan to a user and/or a "Public" outlet.
Here are the steps to create a Payment Plan:
- Head to the Plugzio management dashboard and open the "Payment Plans" page. If the desired payment plan does not exist on the list. Click on "Create Plan".
- Define the characteristics of the payment plan.
- As an example, the plan bellow is set to charge $0.20 per hour of usage and the money is deposited into the "CAD Wallet" which was created on the "Wallets" page.
- NOTE: The "Description" is what is used to refer to this Payment Plan throughout the dashboard so make sure to choose a name that is descriptive.
- When you are done, click "Submit". The payment plan will be added to the list.
Here are the steps to assign a payment plan to a user and/or a "Public" outlet:
- Head to the Plugzio management dashboard and open the "Outlet Management" page.
- Find the outlet Id you are trying to change payment plan for.
1- Click on the "Public" icon to change the payment plan for a "Public" outlet. To learn more on how to set an outlet to be "Public" or "Private", read this article.
2- To add a new user to an outlet, click on "Add User". You will be asked to provide the user's email address and choose a payment plan.
NOTE: At this point, for security and spam protection purposes, a user must have already created a Plugzio user account before it can be added to an outlet.
3- To edit the payment plan for an existing user on the list, click on the pen icon for that specific user.
4- To remove a user's access to an outlet. Click on the 'x' icon in front of the user's name under the desired outlet. You will be asked to confirm the action.
Important NOTE: If the outlet is set to be "Public" removing the user from the list DOES NOT prevent them from accessing the outlet. If the intention is to prevent use by a specific user, we suggest creating a ridiculously expensive payment plan and assigning it specifically to that user under the desired outlet.